The Hellenic Society of Child and Adolescent Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy was founded in Athens in January 1991. It is a founding member of the European Federation of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy (European Federation of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, EFPP), in which representatives of the company participate. Since its establishment,HACAPP implements a complete educational program that meets the requirements of the European Federation of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy. It also seeks and develops connections with respective associations in other countries.
The company’s main goal is to operate as an educational organization, providing training that combines psychoanalytic theoretical knowledge with clinical experience. The training of competent psychoanalytic psychotherapists for children and adolescents is certified with the corresponding scientific and professional title, after an intensive five year training.
Further goals of the company include:
- Promoting scientific thought and work
- Developing clinical research in psychoanalytic psychotherapy
- Providing supervision to mental health units dealing with children and adolescents
- Promoting individual psychoanalytic psychotherapy as an effective method of intervention in the private and public sector.
Additional to the company’s main function which is the education and training of psychoanalytic psychotherapists for children and adolescents, other activities include:
- Awareness seminars in clinical psychodynamic thinking of mental health professionals
- Organizing and co-organizing conferences, workshops and two-day workshops
- Participation of company members in international conferences in Greece and abroad
- Publication (since 1999) of the magazine “Child and Adolescent”
- Publications of works of company members in Greek and foreign magazines
- Participation of company members in research programs.